EURO2020 Venue Delivery & Warehouse Manager
The EURO2020 team in Copenhagen is looking for a candidate for a full-time project position within Event Logistics from April 1st 2020 - July 5th 2020
The mission of Event Logistics (ELOG) is to provide all logistics services at the "Logistics Point" (area of vehicle registration and accreditation) and the "Logistics Compound" (storage area) of the UEFA EURO 2020 venue. These services include the coordination of deliveries for all stakeholders and the provision of logistical support to handle and store material.
The Venue Delivery and Warehouse Manager is the overall responsible for the on-site implementation of the event logistics concept in his/her venue to the highest standards. This includes delivery management, installation management and warehousing management.
- Act as the main contact for all delivery- and logistics-related questions and keep up close working relations with the VLOG and the HBLO team, but also with all other project leaders on-site
- Regulate the delivery traffic of vans, trucks and other delivery vehicles by registering and accrediting each vehicle and driver entering the venue; ensure a smooth traffic flow by postponing or advancing delivery requests in the Venue Delivery System (VDS) in order to limit the number of delivery vehicles within the security perimeter
- Support each delivery upon request by providing forklifts, pallet jacks and trolleys; supervise the heavy machinery supplier and its drivers, adjusting working shifts to actual workload and request replacements in case of damaged equipment
- Receive all incoming and outgoing mail and courier deliveries and act as the link between the courier/postal suppliers and the venue stakeholders distributing mail/couriers to other projects; organise outgoing courier deliveries with official supplier upon request
- Receive and store all incoming freight material addressed to the Logistics Point or the Logistics Compound and dispatch it to the various projects within the venue or potential out of the venue sites
- Coordinate the supplier(s) regarding the installation of temporary security fences, low barriers, at the venue, using existing maps, handover form and the UEFA asset tool
- Act as the main contact on site regarding requests of extra materials such as the temporary security fences and low barriers or modification of setup and coordinate the installation
- Coordinate the use of available storage space at the Logistics Compound, which will be made available for short-term buffer storage and some potential long-term storage; discuss the needs of each project requesting space on-site
- Manage the onsite stock of fences
- Manage the pool of cargo and passenger golf buggies parked at the Logistics Compound by supervising their proper use, maintaining them through the supplier and recharging them every night
- Deliver materials to places located outside the venue; using the warehouse shipping van
Administration and communication:
- Train and manage the LOS Venue Delivery and Warehouse Coordinator and the LOS Venue Delivery and Warehouse Assistant. Participate in the training of volunteers
- Regular reporting in accordance with UEFA EURO 2020 requirements and follow administrative processes as required as a team leader
- Ensure regular communication with the Venue Logistics Manager and the Broadcast Logistics Manager as well as with the project leaders of other projects
The above list is not exhaustive and, depending on specific requirements at the venue, may include additional responsibilities.
Profile of successful candidate
- from 4 to 6 years in a multicultural business environment
- from 4 to 6 years in a logistics (shipping & warehousing) or an event logistics operation position, ideally related to sport events
- Proficiency in English (both oral and written) is a key selection criterion
- Proficiency in Danish (both oral and written)
- Project Management / Proficient
- Budget Management / Proficient
- MS Excel and MS Word / Proficient
- Working knowledge of one or more event databases
- Valid driving licence for vehicle <3.5 tons
- Valid forklift driver certificate: an asset
- Confident leader and good team-player with ability to easily build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Able to understand and handle unforeseen situations, identifying the local solutions and the resources needed to be allocate
- Able to work on several items simultaneously and prioritise appropriately, delegating tasks to team when required
- Able to work accurately under pressure and remain calm in potentially stressful situations
- Able to assimilate information quickly
- Able to follow UEFA EURO 2020 requirements and procedures
- Strong working knowledge event databases
- Not deterred by long hours and a demanding workload
You will become part of a dedicated team located in Parken in Copenhagen. Some of your training will take place at UEFA's site in Switzerland, why some travel must be expected.
You will be asked to bring your own devices, i.e. laptop and mobile phone. Your phone bill will be covered by UEFA during the assignment.