EURO2020 Team Services Assistant
EURO2020 is looking for a candidate for a full-time project position within Team Services from April 1st 2020 - July 2nd 2020. If more than one national team choses to have its base camp in Denmark during EURO2020, the position is scheduled to start February 1st.
The mission of the Team Services & Training Grounds project is to establish a professional framework for all national teams participating in UEFA EURO 2020 by providing them with the most appropriate services. Team Services is the main point of contact within the host city for all Team Services matters before, during and after the Tournament. The EURO2020 Team Services Assistant will assist the Team Services Coordinator to provide the best possible support to Participating National Associations in Copenhagen in close cooperation with UEFA Team Services.
Assist the Team Services Coordinator to ensure an excellent implementation of Team Hotels and Training Centres requirements, guidelines, team movements and accommodation policies before, during and after the UEFA EURO 2020:
- Establish itineraries for site visits in host country on National Teams’ need and preferences
- Regular inspection of team facilities including training centres and particularly the pitch(es)
- Provide the best support to Training Centres owners and Hotel Managers to prepare, coordinate and organise all team activities (Pitch monitoring, Signage, Transport, VIK, meetings, check-in/check-out…)
- Identify potential clean site principle risks and ensure training centres respect contractual obligations
- Meet deadlines and follow procedures to ensure work is of highest standard
Communication and cooperation
- In addition to the Team Services Cordinator, the assistant is an additional point of contact for Training Centre owners , Hotel Managers and Team Liaison Officers in order to provide the best possible support to the participating national assosiations
- Close cooperation and additional point of contact in the Host City for UEFA Team Services
Support the Team Services Coordinator with:
- During the final tournament, close interaction with Team Liaison Officer ensuring maximum comfort for the participating national association's accommodation and training sessions
- On site trouble-shooting and problem-solving at airport(s), training centres, team hotels and for any Team Logistics matters
- Ensure all Training Centres in the host city are at top quality level
- Provide support with MD-1 team activities at transfer training centre
- Daily reporting to Team Services Coordinator
- Create and adapt National Associations’ site visit itineraries
- Review and share the calendar of the participating national associations with all relevant stakeholders
- Input into debrief and final report of Team Services project in the host city
Profile of successful candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in sports events management
- Full professional proficiency in English (both oral and written) and in the local language of the host city.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with professional sport teams and/or sports national associations, ideally within football
- Available to travel regularly between Team Facilities (Driver licence mandatory)
- Additional language skills (any language spoken by one of the UEFA member associations)
- Ability to cope with stress and stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with others and create a climate of trust
- Ability to draw up a coherent and chronological plan, to establish priorities, to develop a system of control and to re-adjust the plans
- Solid acquaintance with the pre-selected team base camp and team transfer facilities
You will become part of a dedicated team located in Parken in Copenhagen.
You will be asked to bring your own devices, i.e. labtop and mobile phone. Your phone bill will be covered by UEFA during the assignment.
We expect to invite candidates for interviews in December, and to finish our selection process in January.