EURO2020 Guest Services City Manager
The EURO2020 project team in Copenhagen is looking for a Guest Services City Manager. The position is full-time and runs from from April 20th 2020 - July 3rd 2020
The mission of the Guest Management & Protocol (VIPS) project is to plan and professionally execute guest service operations as well as manage all protocol matters according to the UEFA protocol. The mission of the EURO 2020™ VIP Programme is to ensure that UEFA VIP guests experience a seamless consistent journey through the tournament, no matter their assigned level of service, where they receive a professional, informative and client focused service and feel welcomed in all key locations.
Training of onsite staff
- Preparing the documentation used for the training of volunteers;
- Leading the Role specific training of volunteers;
- Monitoring the delivery of service excellence training to volunteers and hostesses;
- Running the onsite guest management table tops and simulations with key projects.
Guest Management related tasks
- Coordinating guest services operations in the host city;
- Leading the guest services team onsite at the HQ hotel;
- Coordinating all guest service operations linked to airport and railway station operations;
- Acting as a key contact for any guest management issues in the city;
- Updating and managing staff and volunteer shift scheduling according to expected daily arrivals and departures as well as match day movements;
- Implementing guest communication strategy onsite;
- Planning daily information for distribution to guests;
- Holding daily briefings with the hotel team and event transport team;
- Coordinating with tournament airport staff;
Accommodation related tasks
- Coordinating deliveries (signage, IT) and overseeing the set-up;
- Monitoring hotel operations (F&B lunches, coffee breaks, meetings etc. if applicable);
- Checking bedroom facilities before arrival for certain guests if required;
- Checking arrival and departure lists for the following day and highlighting early check-ins and late check-outs;
- Dealing with any unforeseen problems and open issues regarding accommodation at the hotel;
- Controlling costs on site: checking and signing hotel bills that will then be put on the master invoice of the hotel;
- Submitting reports and debriefs according to provided guidelines and deadlines;
- Completing statistic requirements on VIP operations and guest attendance according to deadlines;
- Ensuring logistics item list is always up-to-date.
Profile of successful candidate
- Full professional proficiency in English (both oral and written);
- Communication proficiency in Danish;
- Experience in guest management operations and customer service;
- Experience in a supervisory position working with guest service staff;
- Advanced in excel and very comfortable with ICT systems;
- Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills and diplomacy.
- Previous protocol experience is a plus.
You will become part of a dedicated team located in Parken in Copenhagen.
You will be asked to bring your own device, i.e. laptop.